With the feature of custom tokens, users can manually add contracts not recorded as tokens on TronScan as custom tokens in TronLink wallet, and this is to help users search and manage their token assets.
Some contracts might not be recorded directly on TronScan because certain ABI functions and parameters in the contract code are not identified. When these token contracts are added as custom tokens on TronLink, you may not be able to access certain features. For more details:
I. Only contracts including the following parameters can be added manually as custom tokens on TronLink:
“balance of” function & “transfer” event of TRC20 contracts
“owner of” function & “transfer” event of TRC721 contracts
Contract addresses without the variables above can not be added as custom tokens.
II. If these variables are not identified in the contract address, certain token features will be missing
If the following variables in the contract address are not identified, certain features will be missing after the contract is added as a custom token.
- “total supply” function
- The total supply in the project overview page may not be displayed when this parameter is not identified.
- “allowance” function
- The approved amount may not be retrievable when this parameter is not identified.
- “transfer” function
- The transfer feature of this token may be inaccessible when this parameter is not identified.
- “approve” function
- If not identified:
- The feature of approval might be inaccessible;
- This token might not be traded in other smart contracts (including but not limited to Swap DApps).
- “transferFrom” function
- Users might not be able to send collectibles in the token directly when this parameter is not identified.
- “Approval” event
- If it is not identified, users may not be able to obtain the balance after executing "approve" function.
- “name” variable
- If it is not identified, please enter this field manually when you add the contract address. If the field is not filled in, the token names might not be displayed.
- “symbol” variable
- If it is not identified, please enter it manually when you add custom tokens.
- “decimals” variable
- If it is not identified, the default precision would be 0.
- After I add a custom token, how do I know which features of it are missing?
- Answer: If there are missing features due to variables above not identified, a warning tab of the missing features will be displayed on the token details page (TronLink Plug-in) or the project overview page (TronLink App). You may visit these pages for details.
- Is adding a custom token on TronLink the same as recording a token on TronScan?
- Answer: No. A custom token added on TronLink is only valid at the current address, and the contract on TronScan is not a token at this time. Other addresses that haven't added the contract as a custom token cannot identify the contract as a token. Therefore, after this contract is improved and recorded as a token on TronScan, it can then be circulated and traded.
- After adding the contract address as a custom token on TronLink, can I record the contract as a token on TronScan?
- Answer: Yes. In this case, the token details page on TronLink will remind the user whether to update the information of the token. If the user confirms such an update, information of the token recorded on TronScan will replace that of the current custom token.